Acronis true image 2017 disk clone free. Cloning a Hard Drive with Acronis True Image

Acronis true image 2017 disk clone free. Cloning a Hard Drive with Acronis True Image

Looking for:

Acronis true image 2017 disk clone free 













































     


Acronis True Image | Knowledge Base.



 

I've been a regular user of Acronis since the company started doing backup and cloning software, I started using the software with the free versions provided by makers of hard disks I've installed. I have been buying full versions since and have bought a couple years of family packs.

I got in touch with Acronis support recently not so much to get help but to report it no longer works as I've grown accustomed to it working. So NO, I did not want help on a per incident basis, I wanted to report that Acronis was no longer doing what I bought it for.

Previously I had reported another incident that came to an unwanted end: After days of working with Acronis and letting technicians take over my desktop, they agreed, simply would not let me transfer license to another computer.

So I go a free copy of I didn't want this, as the was a 3 pack and I like all three computers to do the same thing: to be "on the same page". Ok so I don't want your current per incident technical help, but I would like Acronis to develop its software so I can use it as I like and not have to go buy software from one of its competitors. I use Acronis only for cloning, as it notes in your documentation, cloning is the ultimate backup and I've found usually it is the system files and programs that lead to disaster.

With system files down you can spend hours trying to recover thingsmucking through the wreckage. If you have a clone, instead you just switch to the clone and then it works. My system, boot disks are all SSDs. I like to clone these to hard drives. So I certainly don't want to use the cloned drive as my boot disk I want to continue using my SSD as my boot disk. In the past I've simply launched the cloning operation, walked away from the computer and let it shut down.

When the computer then was restarted, I went to bios and had the computer start from the original and not the clone. Now, however, as your new documentation indicates below , you must disconnect either the original or the copied hard drive.

Another step, side of case needs removal, the hard drive needs to be disconnected. I'd rather not do this, I don't want secretaries to do this. More time, more handling of plugs, more places for error. Undoubtedly the need to physically disconnect the drive is the result of UEFI overriding Bios settings so..

In the event that the boot disk is damaged, the recovery media could again be used to make the back up disk the bookable disk. From the Acronis Support write up. It isn't clear whether your clone drive is attached as an internal or external drive but if it is external, then the issue originated with Microsoft rather than Acronis as stated in the Support Policy published by Microsoft in the link below:.

If you want to suggest changes to the Acronis True Image product for a future release, then you should use the Feedback option within the product you have installed to do this, as there is no guarantee that your points made in this post will reach the Acronis developers from this user forum.

To resolve your immediate concerns, you should consider hardware upgrades to your computers which facilitates removal and install of hard disks. Such as hot swap racks. Once the racks are installed, changing drives literally takes seconds. Another advantage is the cloned backup could be stored in a safe or locked cabinet and would not be subject to a malware attack, which could happen if they were intalled in the computer.

Authored on. Order Asc Desc. Date within - Any - 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year. Cloning option suggested for Thread needs solution. Doc Pecos. Posts: 1. Comments: 2. Steve Smith. Posts: Comments: Products: Acronis True Image 9. Forum Star. Products: TI , TI

   


Comments